Outdoor outlets and deck lighting can help extend your opportunities for outdoor living well into the evening while boosting the resale value of your home. As the evenings become warmer and more families are finding ways to make outdoor spaces become more exotic, installing deck lighting and outdoor electrical outlets are excellent options. There are several stunning options for deck lighting that could boost the safety as well as security. An additional outdoor outlet can offer you options like the addition of outdoor appliances, string lights, as well as a place where you can plug in your laptop if you want an outdoor home office setting. Hire an electrician to help you with these tasks.
Deck Light Installation Ideas
- Deck stair lights or step lights – illuminate the stairs in your deck by installing lights on the vertical surface of every step or beneath the lip of every step. The light will be focused down so it’s safer to go up and down the steps even in the dark. It can also enhance the security lighting options as well.
- Deck post lights – you can choose from various materials and lights for your deck post. You’ll also find different materials, colors, and styles to offer you the look and design that you want to see during the day and at night. Deck post lights must face down so it will light up the stairway or footpath at night.
- Recessed lights – it is a perfect solution if you have a large overhang that needs to be light up on your deck. It offers the perfect lighting for all things underneath and could be focused on specific areas that you would like to give special visibility on your backyard or deck.
- Deck rail light – a wonderful addition that can be integrated into the deck rails so they won’t noticeable when you are sitting. Electricians Columbia can help you install deck rail lights.
Why Install Outdoor Outlets
- Several deck lighting options – having several outdoor outlets will allow you to to add more string lights or other electric powered outdoor decorations.
- More outdoor cooking appliances – who doesn’t love outdoor cooking? By installing outdoor outlets, you can cook outside and use your kitchen appliances.
- Enjoy an outdoor home office – after many weeks of working in the living room, in the kitchen, or indoor home office, you may feel the urge to go outside. You can do so during the day and in the evening without having to leave the comforts of your home by installing outdoor outlets and lights so you can work outside in your yard, deck, or patio.
- Upgrade your outdoor outlets for safety – all of the outlets outdoors must be GFCI so that it will shut down automatically when they are wet. Newer designs offer additional protection from the elements and weather. Safety must always be the most crucial consideration.
Call CHS Electricians Columbia now if you need the assistance of professional electricians in installing deck lighting and outdoor electrical outlets.